Job Title: National Director of Sales
Location: East Coast – Remote – New York
Level/Salary Range: $85k – $100k DOE
Bonus Eligible: Yes 25% -100% of salary to target
Position Type: Full-time
Role and Responsibilities
Starlite is looking for a National Director of Sales who can assist the Sales Team in overseeing daily sales activity, meeting with major agencies and advertisers direct, drawing up sales reports, designing new and more effective sales strategies, and working to market and promote company products and services. The ideal candidate will have sales experience in the out of home advertising space and understand the growing digital out of home market. The candidate will preferably have some responsibility in running and managing sales organizations and will fully embrace the “entrepreneurial hustle” core to the company culture. In addition to being an excellent communicator, our ideal candidate will also demonstrate exceptional negotiation and leadership skills. This position requires a strong work ethic, self-motivation, superior customer service, ability to embrace a team environment, and most critical, possess an enthusiastic personality.
- Meets with existing and new clients to discuss company’s products and services.
- Works to foster lasting relationships with client base.
- Seeks out opportunities to expand client base.
- Networks with prospective clients to persuade them to bring their business to the company.
- Sets specific quarterly and annual sales goals and develops plans to support them.
- Draws up Sales activity reports, manages a sales pipeline and reports weekly on sales activity.
- Presents information regarding sales at company meetings.
- Devises new and innovative ways to market product and services
- Attends national sales conferences and professional societies.
- Assists in designing marketing and promotional materials both in print and online.
- Conducts independent research into target customer base and develops leads.
- Monitors competition and reports to Senior Leadership changes relevant to the market.
- Creates manages and develops Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for the COO and EVP
- Creates, manages, and develops customer contracts with Agencies and Consumer Product Goods (CPGs) companies
- Must possess time management skills with the ability to make timely decisions.
- Acts as communication liaison for COO and EVP with Clients, internal and external stakeholders.
- Participates in regular weekly sales and operations meetings.
- Learns and utilizes Winmo or Seller Crowd sales tracking system to secure client, agency, brand and contact leads for sales teams.
Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Out of Home Sales experience
- Exceptional negotiating skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communications with a sense of humor
- Ability to work under pressure and produce results.
- Demonstrates business acumen and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to be flexible and an independent thinker.
- Charismatic presence both on the phone and in person
- Values meritocracy of a non-corporate environment where results dictate the pace of career development.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with key senior level sales and operations people and quickly become an integral part of the team.
- Genuine interest and passion for our artistic medium and promotes such to non-OOH buying advertisers
Qualifications and Education Requirements
A National Director of sales holds, at a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Marketing, or Business. Most individuals in this position also hold master’s Degrees in Finance, Business, or Business Administration. A National Director of sales is also required to have several years of experience in the sales and marketing sector and should be able to demonstrate a successful sales record in the out of home and/or digital out of home sector.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams (and other online meeting tech), and strong following and use of social media platforms
- Prior experience in sales planning or charting software
- Genuine interest and passion for our artistic medium
- Prior contract and or RFP experience in a sales organization